How do I activate iPhone after setup?
Press and hold the Power button (top-right edge) to power the new iPhone on. From the Activation screen, confirm your phone number then tap Next. If confirmation fails, see this Apple support info. Enter the account PIN or the last 4 digits of the account owner’s Social Security Number (SSN) then tap Next.
How do I transfer my service to my new iPhone?
If you already set up your new iPhone, follow these steps to transfer your physical SIM:
- On your new iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular, then tap Add Cellular Plan.
- Your new iPhone asks you to confirm that you want to convert the physical SIM from your previous iPhone to the eSIM on your new iPhone.
Can you activate an iPhone remotely?
You can turn on Location Services remotely by tapping Lost Mode. I strongly encourage you to activate Location Services on your iPhone. If your device is turned off or has run out of battery charge, you cannot turn on Location Services using Lost Mode.
How do I transfer and activate new iPhone?
How to use Quick Start
- Turn on your new device and place it near your current device.
- Wait for an animation to appear on your new device.
- When asked, enter your current device’s passcode on your new device.
- Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new device.
Why is my phone saying iPhone is not activated?
You may receive this error if your SIM card has gone bad (or another one has been activated which is a sign of fraudulent activity), you do not have a SIM card in your phone, your phone is not compatible with the SIM card that’s in it (i.e. the phone isn’t unlocked), or some other major issue.
How do I know if my iPhone is activated?
With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer. Locate your device on your computer. Wait while your computer detects and activates your iPhone: If you see an alert that shows “Set up as New” or “Restore from Backup,” it means your iPhone is activated.
How do I switch my service to a new phone?
Activate a new Android Smartphone
- Save contacts and content on your old phone using the Transfer Content info.
- Power both phones down.
- If necessary, insert the SIM card into the new phone.
- If necessary;
- Follow the on-screen Setup Wizard instructions to activate and set up your new phone.
What do I do with my old iPhone when my new phone is activated?
To restore your new iPhone using Quick Start:
- Turn on your new iPhone and place it near your old iPhone.
- Check the Apple ID that appears in the card is the one you want to use for your new iPhone.
- Press ‘Continue’
- When the animation appears, hold your new iPhone over the old iPhone.
- Tap on Finish on New iPhone.
How do I know when my iPhone was activated?
Apple lets you check the activation status of any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch by entering the device’s IMEI. Tap Settings on the Home screen. Tap General. Tap About….
- Go to www.icloud.com/activationlock on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Type in the device’s IMEI.
- Type in the verification code.
- Click Continue.
Should I activate my new iPhone before data?
Answer: A: Answer: A: You cannot transfer data from the old iPhone if your new iPhone is not activated. Best you make a local backup of your old iPhone using computer iTunes then restore the backup with your new iPhone.
How do you set up an iPhone as a new phone?
Setting up your new iPhone or iPad Hold down the power button (also lock button) on the top or side of the phone – depending on which generation iPhone you’re setting up. Swipe to the right. Choose your region. You can now connect your iPhone to a wireless network. Choose whether to enable or disable location services.
How do I setup a new iPhone?
1. Turn on your new iPhone and bring it near your old device that’s running iOS 11 or later. The Quick Start screen will appear on your old device and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new device. 2. Make sure that it’s the Apple ID that you want to use, then tap Continue.
How can I Activate my replacement iPhone?
Activating a Replacement Phone Power down the old phone. Press and hold the “Power” button on the phone that you want to replace, then slide right the “slide to power off” switch (iPhone) or tap Power off (Android). Install the old phone’s SIM card in your new phone.
How can I easily activate iPhone?
Go offline and turn off your iPhone.