How do you write a referee report?
- send your report on or before the agreed deadline.
- keep the journal informed about the progress of the report.
- follow the instructions sent from the journal.
- contact the journal if you have any questions.
- give examples to make your meaning clear.
What is a referee reference report?
Referees’ reports are an essential component of the selection process. Written or oral referee checking is designed to seek employment related information about an applicant from present or past supervisors or other people with a direct personal knowledge of an applicant’s work performance.
What should be the contents of a good referee report?
How to write a good referee report
- As a reviewer, your job is to decide whether the paper is publishable in its current form and what would make it publishable if it is not.
- Your explanation of the paper’s strengths and weaknesses is more important than your recommendation.
How long is a referee report?
This document should be no more than 3 paragraphs long. The report should include a summary of the article IN YOUR OWN WORDS (that is, not the abstract the authors already wrote).
What should I write as a referee?
Here are five elements all personal reference letters should include:
- Start by explaining your relationship to the candidate.
- Include long you’ve known the candidate.
- Add positive personal qualities with specific examples.
- Close with a statement of recommendation.
- Offer your contact information.
What does a journal referee do?
A referee decides whether a contribution is to be accept or not for publication. A reviewer provides information on published articles and books. A review of a academic work gives a brief and clear account of its contents.
What is the difference between reference and referee?
The reference is usually a document. Your referee is a person.
How do you respond to a referee report?
Just begin with something like this: “Thank you for the opportunity to revise my paper. I have commented below on each of the points raised by the referees.” Please respond to all of the major points made by the referees. Just saying “We have done what the referees asked” is insufficient.
What is academic referee report?
As a referee you should be able to comment on the applicant’s research expertise and potential. This report is to provide information on the applicant’s eligibility and readiness for a research degree at Deakin University. In the case of scholarship applicants, this information will assist in their ranking.
Who can you put as a referee?
Who can be a referee? Wherever possible, a referee should be a contact from a previous employer; ideally your line manager or someone you worked closely with. If you do not want your current employer to know you are looking for a new role, choose someone from your most recent job before that.
How do you ask someone to be a referee?
How to Ask Someone to Be Your Referee: Email Examples
- Choose the right people. Make a list of people who could be potential referees.
- Notify your referees in advance.
- Ask nicely and be aware of how you’re being received.
- Get started with this example email for a reference request.
- Follow up, both before and after.
How do you respond to a referee?
The 3 golden rules of structuring your response letter
- Rule 1: Answer completely. It important that all of the referees’ comments are responded to in sequence, however irritating or vague they may appear to you.
- Rule 2: Answer politely.
- Rule 3: Answer with evidence.
How to write a referee’s report on an article?
Recently I received a referee’s report on an article. It started off as follows: ‘On the bottom of page 1, the manuscript says that the method of taking action […] is not specified; it is unclear what the author means here.’
Can a referee be a friend or family member?
The referees should not be a family relative or a close friend of the applicant. The referee report forms should be a frank assessment for performance of an applicant. The referees should be kept reminded of the deadline for the submission of referee report forms. Failure to follow the strict instructions should result to any adverse consequences.
What does affirmation of referee mean in Excel?
The affirmation of the referee is to certify that all information are true and correct, that the results are accurate and based on the records and observations. As for the applicant, the confirmation is to certify that the report is discussed with him or her, and that he or she agrees with the records.
Can a peer review system work without a good referee?
However, without good referees, the peer review system cannot work, so it is up to all of us to write honest and useful peer review reports. Evaluating academic articles is also an excellent way to keep up with the literature and improve our own writing skills. These tips could help you as a reviewer: