How do I update my TomTom XL GPS maps for free?
TomTom Update Process (via USB)
- Connect to your MyDrive account.
- Plug your TomTom into your computer via USB.
- Go to Main Menu on your GPS.
- Go to Settings – Updates & New Items.
- Update as Required.
How much does it cost to update maps on TomTom?
TomTom charges £34.95 for a single update and UK maps. However, for another five pounds drivers can have the latest update plus four further updates over the course of one year. TomTom’s ultimate package is one and a half years of updates (up to a maximum of six) for £44.95.
How do I download TomTom maps to SD card?
Do the following:
- Insert the memory card in your navigation device.
- Switch on your navigation device and wait for it to start.
- Turn off your navigation device.
- Connect your memory card to your computer using a memory card reader.
- Install the latest application to the memory card.
- Install your map.
How do I update maps on my TomTom XL?
To check for an updated application version do the following:
- Connect your TomTom device to your computer and switch it on.
- If HOME does not automatically check for updates, click Update my device in the HOME menu.
- If a new application is available, it is listed on the next screen.
- Click Done .
Can I update my old TomTom?
To update your TomTom navigation device, you need to install the MyDrive Connect application on your PC or Mac computer. Once installed, please simply connect your TomTom navigation device to your PC or Mac and the application will start automatically.
How can I update my GPS maps for free?
How to Get a Free Garmin Map Update
- Connect your Garmin GPS to your computer using the USB cable provided with the device.
- Use a Web browser to visit Garmin’s Find Map Updates page (see link in Resources).
- Select “Automotive” and click “Download Map Updater.” Save the file to your desktop.
Where can I download TomTom Home for my One XL?
If you do not have TomTom HOME installed, insert the CD that came with your ONE XL to install it. Alternatively, you can download TomTom HOME from www.tomtom.com. Make sure you always have the latest version of TomTom HOME. For more information about TomTom HOME, see Using TomTom HOMEon page 49.
Do you have to have a computer to get TomTom maps?
Unlike a smartphone, the maps on navigation devices don’t routinely update. That means you’ll have to install TomTom’s software on your computer to get the TomTom maps download. If you purchased a TomTom with lifetime maps, these updates are free for as long as your device remains supported by TomTom.
How do I update my TomTom on my computer?
To update your TomTom navigation device, you need to install the MyDrive Connect application on your PC or Mac® computer. MyDrive Connect is our free support application that helps you to manage your content and services on your TomTom navigation device. Via MyDrive Connect we will offer you the latest maps,…
How much does it cost to get a TomTom map?
Instead of trying to find a TomTom map hack, those who don’t have lifetime map updates can pay for a TomTom maps download. A one-time update costs about $50, or you can pay less than $20 more for one year of unlimited map updates.