How long does it take to road trip down the West Coast?
It takes at least 12 hours to drive the Pacific Coast Highway. We recommend taking a minimum of 3 days to explore, and the trip can easily last 2 weeks with lots of stops along the way.
Where should I stop on a West Coast road trip?
10 unmissable spots on a west coast America road trip
- Seattle Harbour.
- La Push Beach (‘Twilight’ filming location)
- Cannon Beach (‘The Goonies’ filming location)
- Portland, Oregon.
- Redwood National Park, California.
- San Francisco.
- Big Sur.
- Monterey and Carmel-by-the-Sea.
What is the best road trip on the West Coast?
These Are the Best West Coast Road Trips in America
- Pacific Coast Highway, California.
- Los Angeles to Palm Springs, California.
- The Alcan, Alaska.
- Historic Columbia River Highway, Oregon.
- Highway 101, Oregon.
- Highway 101, Washington.
- Yosemite to Death Valley, California.
- Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway, Oregon.
What is the best scenic drives on the West Coast?
Top 10 Scenic Drives on the West Coast – Tripping.com
- The Silverado Trail of Napa Valley.
- San Francisco to the Big Sur.
- Rim of the World Scenic Byway.
- Portland to Redwood National Park.
- Lake Tahoe to Yosemite National Park.
- San Diego to Ensenada.
- The Sierra Vista Scenic Byway.
- The Mount Hood Scenic Byway.
What is the best time to visit the west coast of America?
The best time to visit West Coast USA is September-November West Coast USA is a place lots of people visit almost all year round, but if you’re looking for the best time to go, September-November is definitely the time you should visit.
How much does a West Coast road trip cost?
Generally speaking, the average daily budget for a road trip on the West Coast will be between $175-$250 – this includes gas, a rental car, lodging, food, drink, and activities.
What is the best route from East Coast to West Coast?
Route 66 may be the most iconic path for an east-to-west road trip. But the I-80 takes the crown as the best interstate travel route through the middle of the USA, passing 11 states and 2,902 miles.
How much does a trip out West Coast?
What should I pack for a West Coast road trip?
A Packing Guide for a Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip
- Binoculars. One of the most exciting aspects of this California drive is the amount of marine life you’re likely to see.
- Beach Gear.
- Clothing Layers.
- Sunscreen and Hat.
- Hiking Shoes.
Can you drive the west coast?
The amazing thing about the Pacific Coast is that it is still mostly wild, open, and astoundingly beautiful country, where you can drive for miles and miles and have the scenery all to yourself.
Where should I go on the West Coast?
12 Best Places To See Around The West Coast, USA
- 1.) Seattle, Washington.
- 2.) San Francisco, California.
- 3.) Los Angeles, California.
- 4.) Death Valley, California.
- 5.) Napa Valley, California.
- 6.) Lake Tahoe, California.
- 7.) San Diego, California.
- 8.) Yosemite National Park, California.
How much would a West Coast road trip cost?
Is there a road trip to the west coast?
The western coast of the USA is a stunning haven, a perfect blend of big cities, national parks and au natural beaches. And the BEST way to explore this beauty is to take a road trip.
Which is the best site to book a West Coast vacation?
Book your West Coast vacation today! The world’s largest travel site. Know better. Book better. Go better. At Tripadvisor, we believe in the power of travel — and in helping you make the most of every trip.
Where to stay on the west coast of the USA?
If you are visiting this city make sure you know where to stay in Las Vegas, since its hotels are some of the most amazing in the World. Los Angeles, also known as LA, is the most populous city on the West Coast of USA. The City of Broken Dreams and Hollywood stars is located in California.
How many days can you spend on the west coast?
Although it takes a long time to travel across the West Coast in depth, if you don’t have too many days or prefer to combine them, I encourage you to spend in West Coast America at least 10 days. There are thousands of West Coast USA tours you can take, so the first thing you have to choose is a few must-see places.